No-one likes cleaning grout – but with the right products removing tough stains, mould, mildew and efflorescence doesn’t have to be a painful process.
What you need:
- Davco Tile & Grout Cleaner
- Plastic Bucket
- Mop or Sponge
- Protective Gloves
- A Stiff Nylon Brush – for heavily soiled areas
Before you begin:
Davco Tile & Grout Cleaner is ideal for ceramic, mosaic, quarry and slate tiles. However, as an acid based product it can affect newly installed grout and may etch some specific types of tile. To avoid disappointment, always test the product in an inconspicuous area first. To test, place 2-3 drops on the tile, wait 15 minutes and then rinse well to see if the product is suitable on your tiles.
Grout must be fully cured before using this product. You should wait for at least 28 days after grout installation before using this product.
In a clean plastic bucket add Davco Tile & Grout Cleaner and dilute with water at a ratio of 10 parts water to 1 part Tile & Grout Cleaner.
Use a saturated mop or sponge to wet down the surface.
For normal cleaning then dampen the mop or sponge with the solution and wipe over the surface before immediately rinsing it off with clean warm water.
For tougher stains or heavily soiled areas apply a greater quantity of the solution and allow it to sit on the affected area for up to 10 minutes. Then scrub with a stiff nylon brush before rinsing well with clean warm water.
- MSDS is available from www.parexdavco.com.au
- Do not use with any other detergents or cleaning materials
- This product contains a dilute acid. It is recommended that PVC or similar gloves and eye protection are worn when used
- Avoid prolonged contact and always rinse the area with clean, warm water
- All tools and containers should be plastic. Do not use with metal
- Avoid splashing or spilling on surrounding areas
- Do not use on polished marble, limestone or metallic glazed tiles.
- Always conduct a test patch before use to determine product suitability